The Tour de Braai is a showcase of the Western Cape's Garden Route and Klein Karoo regions, taking participants on a scenic journey through quiet gravel roads and breathtaking mountain passes. The emphasis of the Tour is to have fun on and off the bike, and to enjoy the company of like-minded cyclists.
Registration takes place on 23 May 2019 at Fancourt.
Riding takes place form 24 to 26 May 2019.
The Tour de Braai is a three-day ride starting and finishing in George. The route takes participants on gravel roads and is the perfect event for those looking for a new cycling challenge, or an opportunity to put their gravel bike to the test. Mountain bikes are welcome, but we recommend a gravel bike for comfort and speed.
Starting with a welcome braai, drinks and first night at luxurious Fancourt in George, the tone for the weekend is set when participants realise they will be treated to three days of the best food and wine ever experienced at a cycling event.
FAMILY, PARTNERS AND SUPPORTERS
Non-rider entries for non-riding spouses, boyfriends, girlfriends or friends are welcome, meaning a team can consist of either two riders or a rider and a supporter. Non-riders will get everything the riders get except for the cycling kit but will receive a complimentary massage treatment. Non-riders are welcome to drive their own vehicle but if you and your riding partner or friend are flying in you're also welcome to catch a lift in one of the backup or crew vehicles.
INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY FEE
Entry fee for the Tour de Braai is R24 000 for a team of two (R12 000 pp)
- Registration drinks and dinner on Thursday 23 May 2019.
- 3 nights guest house/hotel accommodation (Thursday, Friday and Saturday night)
- food & drinks (3 meals per day, daily snacks, wine, beer, water)
- 3 days of pristine gravel road cycling, varying distances but averaging around 90km per day.
- bike mechanic and backup service
- Tour de Braai cycling kit
- daily transport of your luggage to next venue
- all event photographs